Winter has been delightful, a wonderful respite from our cooking summers to snuggling up on the couch with a hot choccy, but our summer is definitely here, which means it’s definitely aircon time!
If you haven’t used the reverse cycle as a heater, because let’s be honest mate, it doesn’t get that cold here, we live on the Gold Coast where it’s always sunny. Then it will have been dormant for months. There might be leaves, dust, or a dead roach or two inside. More worrying is that it might have a buildup of pathogens. Patho-what? Mould, guys, and that is not good for you and your family, or your workplace. As you switch on the aircon, it will blow that mould all over the place.
Continually doing this can lead to toxic mould syndrome, which builds slowly and can lead to chronic and acute illness, or death.
We recommend you take a conservative approach and get in the professionals to remove any debris and clean away the mould. Not only is maintenance good for your health but also for the health of the aircon units. It gives the professionals a chance to pick up any wear and tear or unexpected problems before they become big-ticket expenses. Maintenance also means your aircon will work more efficiently and consume less energy. Think of it as a win-win!
Investment Conscious Maintenance
The cleaning of filters is something you can attend to personally. When a professional does the technical maintenance, you are extending the lifespan of your investment. The professional team will arrive on-site with the correct equipment and the correct knowledge. They can advise if new parts are needed or if there is an upgrade available on the market.
These are the service outcomes you can expect:
- The condenser and evaporator coils will be cleansed, and their condition will be assessed.
- The refrigerant charge will be assessed and attended to if required.
- The integrity of electrical connections will be assessed and adjusted or replaced if required.
- The drains will be assessed for buildup or clogging. A flush will occur if required.
- The ductwork will be assessed; cleansing will occur, and, if required, repairs will be carried out.
- A full Wellness Cleansing will take place*
- The entire system will receive an overall assessment, and any life-extending upgrades or replacements will be proposed to you and as well as energy efficiency suggestions.
*The Wellness Cleansing, which is vital, is highly cost-effective at only $65 per treatment and delivers triple-action benefits:
- It treats virus, bacteria and mould treatment. A triple attack, killing germs, dispensing a broad-spectrum bactericidal and viricidal treatment.
- It removes discolouration caused by mould and remnants of dead organisms.
- It removes mildew
- It adds an invisible protective layer to stop future recolonisation by those stinky invaders.
Keep Your Home Healthy And Safe
If you have not run your air conditioner for months during winter, there will be trapped moisture within it. Believe it or not, the unpleasant footy sock smell is not the worst issue. There could be a thriving colony of poisonous mould!
These mould spores are microscopic and easily airborne, so your air conditioner is an effective distributor of them. They are very dangerous to inhale and are easy to inhale. It is especially worrying when there are young children in the building.
The ongoing mould exposure could manifest via regular colds, sinus infections, asthma, and other respiratory problems. This mould is not to be toyed with as it releases toxins that can lead to bleeding in the lungs and pneumonia. Those with allergies or sensitivities can react with outcomes such as serious breathing problems, or in severe reactions, death.
Contact us today for a Wellness Cleansing of your air conditioner units and protect you and your family before you start to use your aircon daily in Summer. We can also perform general maintenance on your aircon so that you know you are getting top-quality air for many more years.