Keep your cool and your cash
In Queensland we are blessed with a beautiful subtropical climate, and our outdoor lifestyle is the envy of many countries. With hot summer days, comes humid summer nights.
Whilst we love the sun, sea and surf sometimes it can get a little too much and we need some light relief in the form of air conditioning, but with great power, comes greater electricity bills.
So, how do we enjoy the beautiful cool air provided by a residential air conditioning unit without the big price tag?
At Asset Air Conditioning we have come up with a few ideas on how to reduce your power bill whilst still keeping your Gold Coast, Brisbane, Northern Rivers and Scenic Rim home cool.
- As night draws in, early evenings can be a little humid, but as this passes the temperatures do tend to fall slightly. Take advantage of the drop in temperature by either using a timer or a thermostat on your air conditioning unit.
- To ensure your air conditioning unit is working to its full potential get regular servicing from Asset Air Conditioning. Our maintenance team are on hand to make sure your air conditioning unit is at its most efficient, thus conserving value energy.
- Turn off all heat emitting items such as the television and most other electronics when they are not in use. By reducing the heat, you are essentially reducing the need for air conditioning.
- Lighting produces heat, so if you want to reduce the temperature of your home try and keep your lighting to a minimum.
- Before heading off to work for the day why not close the curtains? You will reduce the light and heat getting in and it will be much quicker and easier to cool your home down.
- Don’t forget to let your ceiling fans take some of the burden of cooling your room down. Not only do fans help circulate the cool air are they also create a nice breeze.
Staying cool in summer need not cost the earth; reduce your carbon footprint and reduce your electricity bills. Call Asset Air Conditioning on 07 5596 1033 to keep your Gold Coast, Brisbane, The Northern Rivers and Scenic Rim home cool.