With most things in life, an air conditioning unit will require some maintenance in order to work efficiently. Take good care of your air conditioning unit and it will take good care of you.
Asset Aircon have some hints and tips that can help prolong the life of your air conditioning unit.
- Ideally to prolong the life of your air conditioning unit you should change your filters every 3 – 6 months. Check whether your filters are reusable, you might just clean them regularly using a vacuum.
- Whilst you might think of your air conditioner as the wall mounted unit in your home, it’s easy to forget the unit working hard outside. By cleaning dirt and debris, it will stop blockages that can lead to energy inefficiency.
- The grills of your air conditioning unit are quite visible, so it’s easy to see when dust and debris mounts up. Vacuum the grills and wipe with a damp cloth to ensure air flow remains at its optimum.
- Many people believe that by setting the air conditioning unit to the lowest temperature that it will cool the room down quicker, and this is not the case. Setting the temperature lower only puts more pressure on your system, so to maintain a good working system try and set the temperature to a comfortable 22 – 24 degrees Celsius.
- Get a professional air conditioner service at least once a year by a licensed technician. You could take advantage of Asset Aircon’s scheduled maintenance service where we periodically maintain your system to keep it in good working order.
Call Asset Aircon for a regular service schedule for your Gold Coast, Brisbane, The Northern Rivers or Scenic Rim business or home. Call 07 5596 1033 and take air conditioning maintenance off your cleaning schedule.